Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Laundry Schedule



I have a laundry schedule.



Every person in our family has an assigned laundry day. Each family member has a laundry basket in their room. They keep all their dirties in there. On their scheduled laundry day, I remind them to bring the basket out to the laundry room. I wash and dry their clothes (and if I'm feeling especially energetic, I'll even fold them). Then I return the basket full of clean clothes to them and they put them away. After I've done the scheduled laundry, I throw in whatever else needs done (towels, sheets, rugs, wrestling gear, etc). Now, here is the payoff of my system..................my laundry room is closed on Sunday. CLOSED. What better motivator to keep myself on "schedule" than being able to take a whole day off! That's what works for me.


Check out other great tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Cool idea! I think I'd rather do 1 load a day than spend 1 whole day doing laundry.

Shanna said...

Wow, that's really cool. I don't think I could do this because we run out of clothes every few days. lol We would have to stock up on clothes more, I guess.

Missy said...

Thanks for sharing! good system. I take Sundays off too. I'm all about a day off from laundry!