Saturday, January 10, 2009

Heather's Hawaiian Chicken



Here is a super simple, family pleasing meal that I got from my friend Heather. You can just dump the frozen chicken breasts or tenders straight from the bag into the baking dish. The ingredients cook up into a yummy sauce so it serves great over rice or noodles. The first time I made the recipe there was too much sauce for my family so I scaled it back a bit. I also omitted the cheese. I'm posting both versions, decide which you like best.

Heather's Original Recipe

chicken breasts
1 can sliced pineapple rings (reserve juice)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c pineapple juice
grated cheese

Put chx in a baking pan and cover with mixture of brown sugar and flour. Pour soy sauce mixed with pineapple juice (from a can of sliced pineapple rings) over the top. Put the rings of pineapple on top of THAT. Cover with grated cheese. Bake one hour at 350.

My Revised Version

1 pkg frozen chicken tenders
1/2 can pineapple chunks
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c pineapple juice
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c flour

Put chx in a baking pan and cover with mixture of brown sugar and flour. Pour soy sauce mixed with pineapple juice (from a can of pineapple chunks) over the top. Put the pineapple on top of THAT. Bake one hour at 350.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I just thought that I would add to this. Jen shared the recipe with me and my family loved it. Because this recipe had to be memorized from gymnastics to my house, we left the soy sauce out and salted the individual servings. My family told me that this was a keeper and make it again soon.

Thank you Jen for sharing it with me and thank you Heather for sharing it with Jen.

Sheri

the happy yapper said...

Woohoo! I'm famous!! LOL

JeNn said...

Hey Coop,
I love your blog! It's so refreshing to see something genuine from a real Mom. I'm gonna try this recipe tonight as it looks easy, and I am in a hurry and have everything in my pantry already! I'm gonna try to sneak a veggie into it too, though, I'll let you know how we like it.
Luv ya!