Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shopping List


I don't like to run out of things.


I only go grocery shopping once a week. I refuse to go more than that.


In order to keep our house fully supplied AND not make frequent trips to the store, I keep this notepad on the refrigerator.


I have my family trained to write something down on the list whenever they use something up. I keep extras of the basics in the pantry or linen closet. So, when they go to get a new ketchup out of the pantry or bottle of shampoo out of the closet, they head directly to the list . As in straight to the list. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Then when I do my weekly shopping I pick up the items on the list. Even the younger ones are able to copy from the label in order to add an item to the list. They can also add things to the list like socks, underwear, toothbrush, etc.


Be sure to check out all the other tips at Rocks In My Dryer.

4 comments:

Angie said...

And they actually do it? WOW! I am sure that my list would have craziness on it, like, "new knife for cleaning fish for my new pet bear.....".

Stephanie said...

I love the idea. I went a step further when I made my list. I printed a list of our most popular items, in alphabetical order, and all they have to do is highlight. There is space to add things needed. Glad I am not the only one training my family to be responsible.

Rebeca said...

I like it! I also have a list on my fridge, but training the fam to help? Brilliant!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I think you're really helping your kids out for the future! They'll do so much better with all this practice! Great job! :-)