Friday, January 9, 2009

A Leap of Faith

B and I have decided, based on the leading of God, to let our oldest son return to public school. I started getting nudges from God last summer, but I refused to listen. I stuck my fingers in my ears and sang "la,la,la" at the top of my lungs. Even when I did hear him, I thought I must have misunderstood. Why on earth would he want me to do that? I've been struggling with this for months. Reluctantly, I brought it up to B. Now B was able to come up with some good reasons why he thought returning was a good idea. I still, have come up with none, other than God told me when to pull him out and he has told me to send him back. I have to believe there is a great purpose for M to serve.



So, Today, with much fear and trepidation, I walked my baby into the office and said "We'd like to enroll". At that very moment, I felt God's arms around me in a warm and re-assuring embrace. We were greeted in the most friendly and positive way. Nobody grilled me about why he was coming back . We were made to feel welcome.



You're calling me to lay aside the worries of my day

To quiet down my busy mind and find a hiding place

Worthy, Worthy



I open up my heart and let my spirit worship Yours

I open up my mouth and let a song of praise come forth

Worthy, You are worthy



Of a child-like faith

And of my honest praise

And of my unashamed love

Of a holy life

And of my sacrifice

And of my unashamed love



Artist: Ten Shekel Shirt

Title: Unashamed Love

1 comments:

Sheri said...

I am so very proud of you! I would also struggle with that decision. It is so hard to obey when we don't understand. It has been a joy getting to know M, and he will be missed. I guess I will have to waite for summer to enjoy what M has to say.

Sheri